Monday, February 17, 2014

Coleen X signature Eyeshadow Palette


Hey girls, hope you had a good weekend. As I mentioned in my last post I was back to work after a weeks holiday, thinking I'd be closing everytime I was in I got some early shifts! Yay. The joys of working in retail.. if any of my readers work in retail you'll know how I feel. I'm delighted I got an early shift on Friday as your all aware it's Valentines day and of course I want to spend my day with my boyfriend instead of being in work til 10! Anywho onto the post.. I got this at Christmas, it's Coleen signature eyeshadow palette. 
I have never used any of her makeup before so when I recieved it at Christmas I was dying to try it out. The colours in this palette are gorgeous, mixed matte and shimmer eyeshadows. Everything you want in a palette!
I have to comment on the packaging of this product.. I mean look how pretty it is? I still haven't thrown it out because I love it, especially the little bow. Even the palette itself is great, it won't get dirty and the eyeshadow pots are deep so I know it won't be easy to break. I don't know how many times I have opened a palette and something has cracked!
As I mentioned the palette is mixed with matte and shimmer shadows, the top five are more frost than a shimmer which look gorgeous on. I usually use the  3rd and 5th for highlighting my inner corners. It makes a big difference to your makeup, try it next time! the other three I use on my lid. The first one is a gorgeous frost pink, the second one a taupe colour and third a deep gold. These  colours are perfect for everyday makeup. 
The second row, as you can see are darker shades, the first one is actually a really dark purple which didn't show up well on the camera. The second one is a gorgeous brown which is similer to Buck from the Naked palette 1 with a hint of shimmer in it. 
I know it's 'against the rules' to use a shimmer in your crease but sometimes you can get away with it, and with this one you definitely can! The third one, looks grey but it's actually a black eyeshadow but not the blackest black. The fourth is a greyish taupe which is stunning in the crease! Lastly, my favourite in this palette is the gorgeous blue eyeshadow. It's not something I would always go for but it was the first one that caught my eye in this palette. I'll soon create a look with this. These shadows blend so easily and they are so pigmented, they look even nicer on! I'm not to sure where you can actually buy this palette or how much it even is. But I'm sure if you look up the Coleen X signature makeup it will pop up somewhere online along with her other products.
I'm so pleased with this palette, I really want to try more of her makeup. She also has her makeup brushes that I've read some good reviews on! 


Have you tried any of the Coleen makeup range?
What are your thoughts?
xx


Follow me on Bloglovin', Twitter, or contact me here

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know Coleen had a make-up range! The packaging is so cute :) love your blog by the way.
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! i love reading them and I will always try my best to get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog links I love reading new posts&blogs. I now have a Twitter for my blog @EllaA14 I'd love for you to check it out! x