Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Review | MAC Face&Body Foundation


Hey girls hope your having a good start to the week. Yesterday I had my second last class in college! I can't believe those 14 weeks are already up, the course flew in. I'm so glad I decided to do it I've learned so much from it and it's definitely what I want to get into as a career. I was beginning to feel quite nervous on my way to college yesterday because we had our first photo shoots. We had a bridal,evening and black & white. As soon as I got into class my nerves actually settled and I was dying to get started. I'm really happy with how the looks turned out on my model and the photo's the photographer took turned out great, I am dying to get them! The room was packed full of people and the heat was unbelievable from straighteners, etc. But thankfully it didn't get the best of me and either did my nerves. I will post photo's soon of these looks. Tomorrow is era and avant garde, I'm still undeceive on both these looks. I've no clue whether to do a 50s or 60s and I'm a bit clueless of creating something for avant garde. I've some idea's but hopefully they turn out well. All suggestions are welcome! 

Since I've started the course we've had a few different tutors and they all used different make up and had different techniques. It was a great way to see how different make up artists work and seeing what products each artist liked to use. It also broaden my knowledge on products I've never heard of and ones that I did hear of but never knew what they were actually for. You couldn't even imagine how much I have learned from watching how they all work. When I started my course the first thing I was dying to learn about was foundation. Reason being I didn't know what skin type I was and I was thinking was I wearing the right colour. As we all know its quite hard to find a specific foundation you like. Imagine trying to find the best one to have in a make up kit!

One of my tutors was doing a demo in class and she was using the MAC face & body foundation. When she applied the foundation it looked so flawless on the models face and there wasn't much concealing to do. After I seen this I was dying to try it out! I always wear MAC studio fix fluid foundation which is a full coverage foundation and when your wearing it, it does feel like your wearing a lot of make up. I was going on my holidays so I wanted something a little lighter for night time and something that would feel fresh but yet giving a nice full coverage. I like to change shades of my foundation every time I run out, I usually change NC35 to NC37. So in face&body I picked up C5 which is similar. I always wear tan so this is much darker than my natural skin tone.

This foundation is water based so when I'm applying the foundation I like to use a stifling foundation brush and then I like to buff it in with my buffing brush. It's a medium coverage foundation but it can be easily buildable which is what I love about this foundation. And it's cheaper than studio fix fluid, not a huge difference in the price but at least it's saving something! Another great thing about this foundation is it's a 50ml. Studio fix fluid is only 30ml and that foundation lasts ages so I can imagine how long face&body is going to last me. There is no SPF in it so it's perfect for photo's.

This foundation is definitely going to be in my makeup kit. It gives a flawless look to the face, it's a 50ml bottle, it's buildable and say goodbye to white face and tanned body! What more could you want?! I know this foundation has been on the market a long time now and I'm sure a lot of you have tried this before. But if you haven't you really should, I'm so impressed with this foundation I think  I will be using it for awhile. It's definitely a must if your heading off on holidays too! 


Have you tried this foundation before?
whats your favourite foundation?

6 comments:

  1. I've not tried this but have been wanting too and thanks to your review I am really wanting to pick a bottle up sounds fab xx

    Danielle || Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it & id never go for a medium coverage foundation always full so that says something too! You should definitely try it out, I'll do a makeup post soon with it on:) x

      Delete
  2. Oh wow this sounds pretty amazing - I love full coverage makeup, gotta love a flawless finish! I neeeeeeed this in my life xxx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I tried it! you should definitely give it a go:) even get a tester! xx

      Delete
  3. Ive only used studio fix but always wanted to know what this one is like! I have good skin so medium coverage is what I need really even though I do like fuller coverage when I go out somewhere nice etc. How long lasting is it? Have you ever used it on your body?

    apinchofshaz.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the exact same as you. i love a full coverage foundation & studio fix fluid is what use but it's nice to use something a lighter for a change! it lasts all day & night i never have to touch it up. I haven't used it on my body when i wear tan i apply it right up to my neck but sometimes i'll blend a tiny bit of foundation in :) x

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments! i love reading them and I will always try my best to get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog links I love reading new posts&blogs. I now have a Twitter for my blog @EllaA14 I'd love for you to check it out! x