Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Catrice Primer & Setting Powder



I originally wanted to have this post up yesterday but unfortunately my blogger was acting up and my photo's were taking FOREVER to upload. So I'm behind my little schedule on my blog,boo! But that means there will be more posts to read this week. I can't believe this is the last week of Summer, it went by sooo quick. I had a great summer filled with college, parties, weddings, birthdays and my holiday to Bulgaria. Now that Autumn is nearly here and the new season collections are hitting the shops I'm excited to get my wooly cardies and boots out! Yesterday I sorted out my wardrobe taking all my summer clothes out, putting them away and taking my Autumn/Winter clothes out. My wardrobe looks so empty and dull! I honestly don't know what I'll be wearing until my next pay day. I also got rid of a few things that and I ended up having 5 bags of clothes and 4 bags of shoes, I'm such a clothes hoarder! I done some shopping last Sunday and bought a few bits that I will be posting about sometime during the week, I haven't done a fashion/haul post in so long I think it's time I write one so keep an eye out for it! 

Building a makeup kit is very expensive at the start. You really have to invest in your products but there are times where you really need a specifc produt and theres little funds in the bank. In college we had kits with everything you needed and there was a few Catrice products. Catrice is a super cheap brand mainly aimed at teenagers(i'm guessing) You instantly think that cheaper brands haven't got great quality compared to other brands but you'd be surprised! The great thing about being a student makeup artist is testing and reading up on different products, whats great and whats not. It all depends on what YOU think works well for your kit. 


Primer and translucent setting powder are ESSENTIAL key products in any makeup kit whether it's your own personal makeup. If you have oily skin I reccommend using a primer before applying foundation. A primer will even out your skin tone and your skin will appear more smoother. It's like a barrier that will make your makeup stay on longer and it will stop your oily skin from wiping away your makeup! You'd be surprised that my makeup lasts all day when I use this primer and it is unbelievably so soft when applying. This primer rougly cost around €5 which is so cheap for the great quality that it is.


When it comes to a loose setting powder.. translucent is the best one you can get. Why?! well I'll come across so many different skin types I'd be crazy to have a million setting powders in different shades when I could easily pick this one. It won't change the colour of your foundation and if you have oily skin it will reduce the shine. Applying a setting powder makes it easier to remove any fall outs from eyeshadows or if you get a splash of mascara/eyeliner where it shouldn't be! Believe me it has happend a few times during my course! This powder makes the skin feel super soft you will be amazed. A few years back I used to NEVER set my foundation and I'm cringing at the thought of it now,lol! This cost around the same as the primer too!

My next primer I want to try out is the Smashbox primer,I've heard great reviews on this primer. It's quite expensive so I will wait til I get more work in the makeup industry before buying this product for my kit. Even though these products are so cheap I am happy with the quality of them, I've used them throughout my course and on my photo shoots and that says something! If your looking for a cheap and cheerful primer or setting powder I really recommend these products. 

What's your favourite primer&setting powder?
Have you tried anything from the Catrice range?
x


You can contact me through:


5 comments:

  1. Great post! I will have to try this now! you have sold it to me! great review, im following you on Bloglovin and twitter, you have such a lovely blog

    Gemma xx
    http://touchofbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! glad to hear :) thanks for leaving your link i'll have a peep at your blog:)xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh this looks lovely, and not too expensive, think I'll go have a look at this. So glad its not just me either who can't wait for Autumn, cosy jumpers and boots? Yes please!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should there great products the gel liner is brilliant too! stop, i hate this time of the year inbetween summer/autumn clothes lol! x

      Delete
  3. It looks amazing and I'll have to take a look on this if I see it!!

    Christina xx
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I love reading them and I will always try my best to get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog links I love reading new posts&blogs. Follow me on Twitter! ElleH__

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...