Thursday, June 6, 2013

Benefit Cosmetics


Hey girls! hope your all having a good week. It's absolutely gorgeous in Dublin, finally the sun has come out! Unfortunately I'm working all late shifts this week in work so I can't enjoy it that much but I'm getting some sun rays in. If your a regular reader of my blog you will know I'm currently studying Professional Makeup Artistry and as I want to pursue a career in makeup I really need to get to know what makeup is out there, which products/brands I like and which suits my kit best. Another thing is researching makeup artists, I've already been looking up a few, collecting makeup books and I'm so inspired hearing their stories it makes me want to become a makeup artist even more! There are so many great paths I could take in makeup artistry but for now I'm going to focus on my kit the next few weeks and show you all my thoughts on big brand and high street products. So last weekend was pay day and as usual I go shopping, spend a fortune and leave myself broke! But I have to say even though some purchases were impulse buys I'm definitely happy with what I picked up.

 Makeup wise I picked up the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual, this book is out years but it tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about makeup and the industry. If your starting off in the same path as myself I really recommend you get the book if you haven't got it. Benefits high brow has been on the market a good while now and I was never really pushed on buying it. I knew exactly what it was for I just never picked it up until now.. I really don't know why (I can be so odd at times!) Anyway, it's a gorgeous pale pink that gives your eyebrow a lift. I haven't got much arch in my eyebrows so it makes such a difference. I have always used a white/pale eyeshadow under my brows to finish a look off but this High Brow from Benefit gives your brows a nice clean look whilst giving them the arch you never had. This little beauty is an essential for my kit  and I will definitely pick another one up!

This 'getting cheeky' tester kit is just perfect for the likes of me wanting to try new out products.. not wanting to spend a fortune and being disappointed, this cost roughly €20 which is not bad considering the size bottles and they are €33 to buy normally, obvisously bigger bottles but if I was to buy the seperately it would cost me a fortune. So this little kit contains Posie Tint,Sun Beam and Cha Cha Tint. I love how Posie Tint and Cha Cha Tint can be used on the lips as well as the cheeks. As you can see from the photo, they all come in this liquid form with a brush. Basically you dot them on the cheek over the makeup and blend carefully. Posie Tint is a pale pink colour and Cha Cha Tint is a gorgeous coral colour that I'm crazy about! I did find though when I applied it to my lips it was very strange feeling because the texture is quite watery, it dried in quick enough. The colour came up really nice but if I'm going to use this again it will be over a lipstick, but I think I will stick to using it just on the cheeks! If you haven't got Sun Beam i recommend you get it, I absolutely love it! It's perfect for a day look as it gives such a natural looking glow to the cheeks and you can apply it on the brow bone too which is a bonus for me because I am obsessed with getting my brows a clean and defined look.

I'm a big Benefit lover and the products never fail me, I can't wait for my next makeup shopping spree as there are tonnes of products I want to buy next. If you recommend any products that you think would be essential in my kit please let me know! 
x



3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried these but I have high beam which I absolutely love, I need to try sun beam! xx

    loveontopxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High beam is next on my list! I'm dying try it out:) Xx

      Delete
  2. I love Benefit, they have such amazing products!

    Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I love reading them and I will always try my best to get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog links I love reading new posts&blogs. Follow me on Twitter! ElleH__

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...