Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tag | Confessions of a Blogger


I have been hooked on reading these posts lately so I finally decided to do one myself. I love reading about how other bloggers started their blogs and why. I really think these type of posts add a personal touch to someones blog and the past week I have been trying to figure out what I could do with my blog to give it that 'personal touch' and tell my readers a bit more about me. In a way it is a break from reviews etc and it's nice to read a little bit about the blogger. So here are my confessions!

When did you start your blog?
I started my blog in January 2012, I had a few posts up & accidently deleted them while on my phone, but around then I didn't know what I wanted out of my blog and I wasn't sure if I was going to stick by it. After thinking about it for a month I decided to give it a go and logged on and did new post on Feb 10th 2012.

Have you had any past online presence before (Other blog,YouTube) ?
No, I was first introduced to makeup tutorials etc, from my sister and she then showed me the world of blogging!

Why did you start a blog?
Like most bloggers I was inspried by so many amazing blogs so I got a sudden urge to start my own. I'm quite a shy person so this was definitely a confident boost for me! As you may notice from my blog I wouldn't be the one for advertising my blog on facebook and twitter, which I would love to do to but I feel I haven't that much confidence yet. Maybe some day! Although, it took me awhile to get into blogging and making time for my blog, I love writing and sharing my thoughts about the things I love

When did you become serious about starting a blog?
I think lately, I've become more serious about my blog. I find myself saying 'I'll blog about that' about everything I buy now. As I mentioned before, I wasn't sure what I wanted out of this blog and now because of my crazy lifestyle between college,work & social life, I realised I hadn't got a particular hobbie so I turned to my blog.

What was your first post?
Before I deleted my posts I think I wrote a post mentioning I was new and I was going to do great things with my blog! Then after that little ordeal I wrote a February favorites post on makeup products.. It wasn't the worse but the photo's are such bad quality & the description wasn't as detailed as they would be now. I love reading back on my old posts to see how my writing and photography skills have improved, bit of a confidence boost too.

What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?
I think trying to update my blog constantly and trying to give my blog a personal touch so it can stand out a bit more, I mean everyone wants their blog to stand out in it's own way. I would love to have tonnes more to write about and when the funds are low it is quite difficult to do so. I have often got an urge to blog but having nothing to blog about, so I just leave it. Then I feel as if I will loose the interest in my followers but at the moment I am trying to prevent that from happening!

What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
Definitely my followers leaving lovely comments and meeting new bloggers that share the same interests. Everytime someone comments on a post or I gain a new follower I'm over the moon, even if it is just one I wreck my families head by saying yay I have a new follower. It is not that I'm looking just for followers or numbers, it's the fact that my lovely followers/readers enjoy what I am posting about.

What's your lasting inspiration or motivation?
Reading other blogs, I could go all day reading through my favorite blogs and finding new blogs. Before I started blogging I loved to read buynowbloglater.com, dulcecandy.com and pearlsandpoodles.com, I found their blogs so inspriring and interesting to read it gave me the motivation to start my own. Now that I know what I want out of my blog I find it more enjoyable and fun to write!

So there you have it, my confessions! I hope you enjoyed reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them. 
Hope you all have a great weekend Xx


5 comments:

  1. I love this type of post xx

    ide love if you checked my blog out x 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course hun I'll check it out now:) Xx.

      Delete
  2. great post :) really good idea to let your followers get to know you better. i might do one too.

    thanks for checking out my blog. i've followed you back.

    www.rainbowsandbeauty.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever do send me a link:) Your welcome & thanks for following back! Xx.

      Delete
  3. Love your blog! I need to get around to doing this tag ASAP haha.

    Sending love from Texas
    xoxo
    My Blog, Crystal's Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! i love reading them and I will always try my best to get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog links I love reading new posts&blogs. I now have a Twitter for my blog @EllaA14 I'd love for you to check it out! x