Thursday, March 7, 2013

February Favorites!


I have finally come around to doing a 'Favorites' post! I absolutely love reading these posts to find new products I haven't seen or used before. I personally think February dragged by for me, it was me and my boyfriends two year anniversary and for some reason it feels like that was ages ago when it's been only a month?! I hadn't bought too much makeup or beauty products during the month of February but I have had a few products lying in my makeup boxes that I hadn't got a good use out of. So for the whole of February I thought I would pick out some products that I wanted to give a try.. When it comes to makeup I get into a comfort zone and I am afraid of trying anything different. I know I'm weird! But I think from now I'm  going to experiment and pick up something new every week. I am having a miserable week as I haven't been well, fortunately today I'm feeling better and tomorrow is pay day so I'm hoping I'm as fresh as a daisy tomorrow morning, fingers crossed! So more about the products...

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation - Ever since I've bought my first MAC foundation it's been hard for me to get a cheaper version that will give me the full coverage that I want. Daytime makeup, I never wear any concealers or primers as I never have the time in the mornings to do my makeup. After the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundatin craze took over the blogging world for awhile I had to go try it. I have already done a review on this so click here to check it out! I was running out for my MAC foundation so I wanted to pick something up cheap and pretty decent for the time being. I decided to try out the Fit Me foundation as I heard my sister mentioning it before.. It took me awhile to decide on what colour to choose that would be similar to my MAC. I have to say I much prefer this foundation than the Rimmel one. It gives an amazing coverage that lasts all day. The liquid hasn't got a watery texture to it, it's thick but not too thick. It blends so well & now I think I'll be leaving my MAC foundation aside for the weekends only!

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes- I have had this mascara before.. I've loved it then and I still love it. Sometimes going back to mascara I find I don't get the same results as if the formula has been changed but this mascara never seems to fail. The brush is a perfect medium size, I hate anything that is too small because I find myself constantly layering the mascara on and with a big brush I find myself putting on less as I'm afraid the mascara will ruin my eyeshadow! But fortunately found the perfect one for me, it is in the blackest colour. It gives great volume and a great length but of course to achieve length you need an eyelash curler, so don't expect to have extravagant lashes after applying it! 

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish 'Gold Deposit' - Another product I have awhile now but it is a must have in everyone's makeup bag! Well I'm pretty sure nearly every blogger has this product but I'm going to rant on about it! This month nearly every makeup look I wore I used this highlighter. In the packaging it gives a very orange look and you'd think it be very heavy. Surprisingly it is light when applied and it gives a gorgeous shine/shimmer and really finishes off a makeup look. You could easily pull of wearing this as an eyeshadow too.

Real Techniques Buffing Brush - I have seen reviews on the Real Technique brushes all over blogs but that's only for one simple reason.. they are amazing! I got two sets of the Real Techniques a few months back but I never bother to write a post as there was so many of them all over the internet so I think I'll throw them in a post here and there.. I love a decent foundation brush and this is the best I've used so far. The bristles are so thick and soft the foundation is applied so smoothly. I love how they wash easily with no fuss and dry quickly restoring to it's natural softness!



8 comments:

  1. Thank you for leaving your lovely comment on my post about the Lush spot treatment, and thank you for following too. I have followed you back - your blog is lovely!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! thanks for following back:) Xx.

      Delete
  2. Mineralize skinfinish is my favourite ever , can't live without product! Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever since Ive bought my first one I just can't stop using them! thank you:) Xx

      Delete
  3. Gonna need to try that mascara- I've been looking for a good drugstore mascara but I haven't had much luck yet!

    Blog | Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This mascara never fails, it doesn't leave you with clumpy eyelashes! Xx.

      Delete
  4. Hi, thankyou for the comment on my OOTD post :) I've heard mixed reviews on this foundation may have to try it out :)

    thankyou for following I have followed you back :D

    Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I love it, you should try it:) &thanks a mil for following back:) Xx.

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments! i love reading them and I will always try my best to get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog links I love reading new posts&blogs. I now have a Twitter for my blog @EllaA14 I'd love for you to check it out! x