Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Glinda Palette..



Two weeks ago it was mine & my boyfriends two year anniversary, awhhh! We went out for dinner and the pub for some drinks, typical us! The night before we went shopping and  he decided to get me my two year present then. Shop after shop.. and by that I mean going into the same shop about a million times, I decided I wanted some new makeup and walking into Urban Decay with new makeup palettes released.. how could you say no?!
Spending a good twenty minutes staring at new palettes I was begining to grow on the two 'The Great and Powerful' palettes. One palette contained bright and shimmery colours.. something I wouldn't leap at! The other was darker tones of browns, what I'd usually go for. So spending time looking at theses palettes a sales assistant gave me a hand picking out which one to go for.. I decided to for the brighter palette for a change. I am sick of wearing cream, nude and browns so I wanted to splash some colour into my dull makeup box! With every Urban Decay palette your bound to get either lipstick, primer or mascara which I love! This palette came with a gorgeous high gloss lipstick in a pencil form. Different packaging to usual lipsticks but it's what makes it unusually amazing!


What's great about this palette is that the eyeshadows can be replaced when they're used up and the price was reduced at the time due to this. Usually in palettes like these they're tiny refills but these are quiet deep! It wasn't too pricey €40 but considering it was on special it may be more expensive now. I love how there's three matte eyeshadows and three shimmer eyeshadows. I anytime I wear any eyeshadow with a glitter pigment, I make sure I wear two matte colours along with it to tone it down.
These colours are perfect for Spring/Summer time, I love changing my makeup once the warmer seasons are here. I can get sick of heavy makeup during the Winter.


These are the top three eyeshadows in the palette.
From left to right -Tornado, Aura, Magic.
As yo can see the gorgeous high shine off the first two and the matte pink. Sometimes I find pink shades, too pink or too light but this shade is just perfect for what I like.
The shine off the eyeshadows once the light hits is simply gorgeous! 


...& these are the bottom three eyeshadows
From left to right -Illusion, Oz, South
The first one is a peachy colour which is my favourite out of the six! It can be used as a base colour and it goes with anything. The second is a high shimmer silver shade, very glamorous colour and the last is a darker grey colour.
This is such a great palette with amazing bright colours, I recommend it to anyone!

4 comments:

  1. Love UD shadows, this is such a gorgeous palette!

    A little bit Unique

    x

    Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Click here


    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dieing to try this pallette x

    ide love it if you checked out my mac lipstick giveaway :) 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing i love it!, I'll check it out:) x

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I love reading them and I will always try my best to get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog links I love reading new posts&blogs. Follow me on Twitter! ElleH__

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...