Friday, January 18, 2013

Monochrome










Monochrome is most definitely my fave new trend of Spring 2013. It's funky, classic and edgy. It is so easy to mix & match as black and white are such neutral colours. It is easy to splash some colourful accessories, such as bags & shoes to break it up or you can just stick to the theme. This is what I have picked up in the last few weeks. I haven't got a favourite out of what I picked up because I absolutely love them all! The pattern & material are amazing which make a big difference in the appearance, I mean who wants cheap looking clothes?!

The Skirt
I I am a BIG lover of Houndstooth since my sister introduced me to it. At first I wouldn't say I was crazy about it but the more I seen it I fell in love. It's a pattern where you can either go casual and edgy or elegant and classy. Dress it up with the lace patterned top I have paired with it, red lipstick and Jeffrey Campbell or a classic platform heels. Dress it down with a chunky cardigan, orange for a funky look or black if you want to play it safe and a pair of flat ankle boots!

The Lace Top
This summer I am heading away with my boyfriend and I think this lace top will go perfect with a summery skirt and a pair of sandals as a night time look. I love the lace design and the soft material. My fave part of this top is the almost see through part at the back. Better start hitting the sun beds!

The Dress
 Well.. I think it speaks for itself, funky pattern and a gorgeous mid-length. I have been after these mid-length dress for going out but I didn't want a plain one so I was delighted when I came across this beauty! I'm going to pair this up with my replicate Jeffrey Campbells and my Mac Cyber lipstick. If you want to check out this lipstick click here.

The Shirt
This shirt looks better on than what it does sitting on the hanger. I love how perfect the length is as it covers everything so you can wear with leggings. Personally, I can never wear leggings without a long lop or cardigan! I wore my white doc martens and broke the black & white up with a pale pink bag and scarf. Check out the Cyber Lipstick review. I am wearing this in the photo!

Another piece I am loving from the Monochrome are the peplum leather dresses. Peplum style tops and dresses are very flattering. As I mentioned in a previous post, I will be blogging more and I think I will do more fashion related posts. Sometime this week I will have an OOTD post, exciting! 
Enjoy your weekend!
x

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, your blog is gorgeous dear <3333
    Love, Anna

    www.fashionanna.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I love reading them and I will always try my best to get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog links I love reading new posts&blogs. Follow me on Twitter! ElleH__

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...