Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation





There has been so much hype about this foundation in the blogger world and Youtube so I had to get it! Since I started using Mac foundation I couldn't go back to any other cheaper foundation as the coverage was great but I read a review (can't remember whose it was) but they also mentioned they use Mac all the time and when they bought this they were really pleased with it! From reading that I had to go get it. I've been on the look out for a really good foundation I could wear everyday and save my Mac for occasions and when I'm heading out on a night out. It was a bit tricky trying to find a shade that I liked because I love wearing tan everyday( not too dark ) but natural so I wanted it to match up. It's a thick foundation which I love, I hate any foundation that's a watery texture as it feels too oily. I choose True Nude 303 in the photo above you can notice there is a big difference but the shade I choose is a good one for everyday type of makeup looks. 

Left- Mac
Right - Rimmel.

I have to say though, I think people went a little bit over the top with this foundation. Most reviews I read made it out to be exactly like a Mac foundation with brilliant coverage ( that made me really want to buy it! ) But personally, if your looking for medium coverage you need to apply an extra bit to get full coverage. Having said that, I do agree that it is a good foundation there's a hint of shimmer which I was a bit worried about because I hate foundations with a shimmer in it but once applied you can't even notice it! The smell of the foundation reminds me of the other Rimmel foundation with the pink lid, anyone know that one? I use to use it but can't remember what its called!Overall, it is a good foundation for just 10 euro, it's perfect for what I need and I do recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice everyday foundation.


x

7 comments:

  1. great review! love your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! glad you like it:) x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the comment you left on my blog!
    This is a great review, thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with everything you said!
    I think it's great but only gives medium coverage, and I'm concious about my skin and that's why I love MAC.

    Love your blog :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard nothing but good reviews about this foundation so I might have to try it! I'll defo have to wait until my skin calms down though; it's misbehaving atm so I won't be swapping my Double Wear for anything until it's cleared up! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Blog :) Follow you now <3

    Greetings from Germany,Emma

    http://emmawunderbar.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! i love reading them and I will always try my best to get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog links I love reading new posts&blogs. I now have a Twitter for my blog @EllaA14 I'd love for you to check it out! x