Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hairstyle: Messy Side Bun

Hi everyone, hope you all had a lovely Easter Weekend. I sure had a crazy long weekend. Today I will show you my hairstyle on Easter Sunday. In my Penneys/Primark Haul I did awhile back I mentioned I bought a bun and had no idea on how to actually put it into my hair but after messing around with it I finally sussed it out! 

What you need:
Bun holder 
Two bobbins
Pack of clips
Comb
Hairspray




Step one: Back comb your hair and tie your hair into a pony tail where ever you want to place your bun. I decided to a side bun so I tied my hair into a side pony tail.


Step two: Next take the bun and pull your hair through it. Now spread your hair around the bun making sure your hair completely covers it! Take a bobbin and place it over the bun making sure its securing your hair.





Step three: Depending on the length of your hair you will have extra bits of hair sticking outwards at your head. Now twist those extra bits of hair where you put your pony tail, basically hiding those bits by cliping them. Spray with hairspray.





If you prefer having your hair pinned right back leave out the back combing and comb your hair so that it looks sleek and there are no bumps,lumps and strands of hair sticking out!
My hair is very thick and I also wore my extensions because my own hair is too short too fit around the bun.





The finished look:


Here you can properly see my back combing, I created a little bump on the top and my messy side bun with strands of hair out. This look only took me 10 minutes to do, it's easy & simple and I will definitely wear my hair like this again!



12 comments:

  1. Your hair is such a nice colour and i love that shirt! xxx
    loveontopxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I colour it myself at home & the shirt is from penneys:) x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful hairdo!!
    If you have time, I'd love to know your opinion of my fashion blog. It's all about my style between Barcelona and Paris! :)
    xoxo
    M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of course, I love reading new blogs! :) x

      Delete
  3. Great blog Elaine, I am following :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hair. Very pretty. You have a new follower. Enjoy reading your blog. :)

    http://makeupbybrandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) following you too :)

      Delete
  5. following you sweetie and love this look perfect casual style for work or during the day you look gorge :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) & thanks a mill for following!:) x

      Delete
  6. This is so pretty! I love that you can wear this casually or dressed up. Cute blog!

    cocovanabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it...this hairstyle is great...!!!i want to try it too..i think I'll watch this post many many times to be able to do
    take a look at my blog..we can follow each other if you want..
    kisses
    http://color-blockbyfelym.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I love reading them and I will always try my best to get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog links I love reading new posts&blogs. Follow me on Twitter! ElleH__

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...