Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lauren Conrad: Style




Hey everyone! Hope you all had a fabulous day!
Lately I've been doing a lot of thinking and I really want to change my style. I always stick wearing such plain clothes like basic tops,cardigans and leggings, dark colours like blacks,beige brown and wine(which i still love) but getting very bored. And with the new Spring trend in I want to splash some colours into my wardrobe. I am absolutely loving the pastels, they're such gorgeous colours and my fave! So I have decided I need a big change and didn't really know where to start, I mean I've been looking at some amazing fashion blogs and been getting tips from them but have no idea where to start? AHHH!


Soo.. I was in Easons this evening looking for a little notepad that I could pop in my bag since I'm forever saying to myself 'oh i need this and i need that' and then I always forget what I need so .. Yay I've got myself a little organized notepad! While I was browsing around I picked up a fashion magazine which is full of tips and lots of casual outfits(woohoo) Then I thought to myself 'Lauren Conrad has a book out, where is it?!' So finally I found it after asking an assistant and I LOVE it! So many great tips in it that I've decided I'm going to follow and hopefully after reading this great book I'll have a new wardrobe and lovely hair. Yes, she tells how she gets her lovely long wavy locks! 


Anyways.. I'm going to post about how I'm getting on and share the tips with you! At the moment I'm on tight budget and haven't got loads of money to be spending on clothes so I've decided to go on a Beauty Budget and head to the cheap shops. You'll always find something in cheap shops if you have a good look around. I love Lauren Conrad's style. her hair, make-up, clothes. 















So what my plan is to read the tips in her book, check out pictures of her online, pick outfits I could somehow re-create in my own way, for instance the first picture I could easily pick up a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, black pumps,basic black t-shirt, a black and white cardigan. I've recently bought a pair of coral jeans and have nothing in my wardrobe to match so from finding the last picture here I'm on the look out for a white or cream blouse, nude pumps and accessorize the outfit with a long gold chain.




So from this weekend, I'm going to get my reading on, jot some tips down and get myself a Lauren Conrad look on a cheap budget! Be sure to see lots of posts about it here and I hope you lovely readers will enjoy it also! I really recommend all you lovely ladies giving this book a read it's great for tips and it's going to help me a lot! If you love Lauren Conrad and her gorgeous style check out her great website here 

Love,
Ellie xo

25 comments:

  1. i love that book :) literally everything from lauren conrad. she's so gorgeous! and her style is amazing.
    the pastels this s/s are so lovely. i think you can combine them perfectly..
    I really like you blog! I think it's gorgeous, dear :))
    I followed you, maybe you'll have a look on my blog also!

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same! obsessed isn't the word, love her style!
    thats why i love them because there so easy to match, i don't know what it is about me
    with matching colours and clothes im brutal! Just had a look at your blog and it's definitely going to
    help me with changing around my style i love it! :)

    Thanks a mill for your comment and following:) x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has such amazing style :)

    I've done the same, definitely stuck to the same colours/patterns for such a long time - will definitely be looking out for some outfits you've recreated so I can take some inspiration!

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to change my style around a bit but have always just found myself sticking to the same colours and that and now after looking at other fashion blogs it makes me more wanting to do it! have you got this book? Thanks hun! already jotting down some outfits so i'll be doing some shopping this weekend!:)

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Elaine! I think it is great that you are trying to branch outside of your usual fashion comfort zone! Lauren Conrad has a great sense of style so I hope we'll get to see your outfits inspired by her book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! i love her style, in a way it's similar to mine and then again she'd wear things i wouldn't wear so i think trying to re-create her style in my own way would be easier than changing it drastically and not feeling comfortable! Thanks for your lovely comment :)

      Delete
  5. Great post, I love that book and Lauren, she always looks amazing! What I would give to have her wardrobe.. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) I know and her hair! she's gorgeous
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Love Lauren Conrad, her style is amazing!
    xxx
    Charlotte Couture Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed, I loved watching The Hills mostly to see what she's wearing!
      She's gorgeous!

      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Lauren does have lovely style, really chic and elegant! Looking forward to seeing your new style too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its quite similar to mine in a way so it would be easy for me to re-create in my own way,
      that way i won't be going out of my comfort zone to quick but gradually! Thanks! :) xoxo

      Delete
  8. I love her wardrobe, she always looks so effortlessly stylish! May have to buy this book for myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great book you should definitely have a read! x x

      Delete
  9. I'm looking forward to these upcoming posts! :)
    Love lauren's style. Thinking of getting the book also.
    egtx3.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) first one will be sometime this week :)
      it's great for make up tips and hair too, i love it! x x

      Delete
  10. We have nominated you for the versatile blog award - see our blog for info :)

    Love Georgia & Ashlie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :)
      I'll go check it out now :)
      x x

      Delete
  11. I love this book, its filled with so much inspiration. :) Xoxo, Christine♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really good I love it!
      x x

      Delete
  12. Such a great idea, I find books/magazines are great for fashion inspiration!

    I really want to buy this book, great post, can't wait to see some outfits xx

    http://crosswiredreamers.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get your hands on this, great tips in it.
      It's cheap too! :) x x

      Delete
  13. I love Lauren Conrads style, she always looks so effortless. Check my style steal post on her :)

    lazy2lovely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh i got her book for christmas i love it, she has a great style and was always my favourite on the hills! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Lauren Conrad she is my style icon cannot wait for her new novel book out in April and then her beauty book. Great blog xo

    www.vickisbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! i love reading them and I will always try my best to get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog links I love reading new posts&blogs. I now have a Twitter for my blog @EllaA14 I'd love for you to check it out! x